Nobilis® ND C2 is a live freeze-dried vaccine, indicated for the primary vaccination of chickens at 1 day of age or older against Newcastle Disease.
- Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
- Do not mix Nobilis® ND C2 with other vaccines.
- Use according to the number of doses as indicated on the label.
- Use the entire contents of vial once opened.
- If the spray method is used for the administration of Nobilis® ND C2, ensure that there is no iron, chlorine or disinfectants in the water.
- All containers used for reconstitution and administration of Nobilis® ND C2, must be clean and free from rust and traces of detergents and disinfectants.
- Do not use the contents of damaged vials.
- It is good vaccination practice when handling vaccines to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing.
- Wash and disinfect hands and equipment after vaccination.
- Observe aseptic precautions. Ensure that all vaccination equipment is clean and sterile prior to use.
- Do not store partially used containers for future use.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
Do not open and reconstitute Nobilis® ND C2 until ready to start vaccination.
Reconstituted vaccine should be used within 3 hours after reconstitution.
Nobilis® ND C2 may be administered by spray or eye drop application.
- Nobilis® ND C2 should be dissolved in cool, clean, non-chlorinated water which is free from iron. The vials of freeze-dried vaccine should be opened under water. The spray apparatus should be free from sediments, corrosion and traces of disinfectants (dedicated for use for vaccination purposes only).
- The vaccine medicated water should be sprayed evenly over the correct number of chickens, at a distance of 30 to 40 cm, preferably when the chickens are sitting together in dim light.
- Dissolve 1 000 doses per 250 mℓ to 500 mℓ of water and set the nozzle to produce fine droplets falling like fine rain.
Eye Drop Application
- Dissolve Nobilis® ND C2 in Diluent Oculo-Nasal (or physiological saline solution) and administer by means of standardised dropper (usually 30 mℓ per 1 000 doses). The drop should be allowed to spread evenly across the surface of the eye. The diluent contains a dye (patent blue) which allows an easy check on the correct vaccination.
- Do not release the chicken until a swallowing motion is noticed.