Nobilis® IB Ma5 is a live attenuated vaccine to prevent Infectious Bronchitis (Massachusetts type) in chickens (via eye drop application or spray administration).
- Vaccinate healthy chickens only.
- If the spray method is used for the administration of the vaccine, ensure that there is no iron, chlorine or disinfectants in the water.
- The spray apparatus should be free from sediments, corrosion and traces of disinfectants. It should preferably be used for vaccination purposes only.
- Avoid contamination with traces of disinfectant and/or spirits.
- Wash and disinfect hands and equipment after vaccination.
- It is good vaccination practice to avoid contact with the eyes, hands and clothing when handling the vaccine.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- The vaccine should be dissolved in distilled water. The vial of freeze-dried vaccine should be opened under water. The spray apparatus should be free from sediments, corrosion and traces of disinfectants (it should preferably be used for vaccination purposes only).
- The vaccine medicated water should be spread evenly over the correct number of chickens, at a distance of 30 to 40 cm, preferably when the chickens are sitting together in dim light.
- For 1-day-old chicks use 0,25 ℓ of water per 1 000 birds and set nozzle to produce fine droplets, falling like a fine rain. For older chickens, dissolve 1 000 doses/ℓ of water and set the nozzle to produce fine droplets (Aerosol generators should be used only when this is known to be safe to chickens).
Eye Drop Application
- Dissolve the vaccine in Intervet Diluent Oculo Nasal and administer by means of a standardised dropper (usually 30 mℓ per 1 000 doses). One drop should be applied from a height of a few centimetres onto 1 eye. As an eye drop application, the drop should be allowed to spread evenly across the surface of the eye.
- Do not release the chicken until a swallowing motion is noticed.
For numbers of birds between standard dosages, the next high dosage should be chosen.